Manufacturing Job - General Manager
One of the leading paint manufacturers in the Middle East region is seeking to fulfil a General Manager position for a manufacturing job. The candidate will be responsible for managing and orchestrating the entire factory operations in Romania including production, quality, sales, manpower planning, financial planning, purchasing & stores, maintenance and logistics. While achieving set goals and optimisation of all activities and resources to ensure continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement the manufacturing processes and supporting processes in line with the corporate procedures, policies, strategies and achieving overall objectives of the Business Unit/Factory.
- Ensure all statutory and legal requirements relating to the factory are compliant with Government. regulations.
- Ensure staff adherence to discipline, factory laws, safety, security and cleanliness.
- Increase management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develop a strategic market plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Ensure HSE measures are implemented across the production facility.
- B.Sc degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- M.Sc degree and MBA is a distinct advantage.
- 15 to 20 years work experience in Manufacturing/Production in a reputed paints company. Minimum 10 years of work experience in handling an integrated Paint Factory independently.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.